Amsterdam-based henQ leads the €6M Series A funding round of this Slovakian startup

Amsterdam-based henQ leads the €6M Series A funding round of this Slovakian startup


CloudTalk is a Bratislava, Slovakia-based startup that offers cloud call centre software-as-a-service. It has raised €6M in its Series A round of funding. The round was led by HenQ and joined by Point Nine Capital. Prior to this, the company had raised €1.3M in its Seed investment by Presto Ventures from 2019.

Use of the funds

The raised capital will enable CloudTalk to expand its marketing, sales, and product development efforts to new geographies.

The cost of building software

Marek Gajda, CTO of The Software House, shares his insights on building high-quality…Show More
Marek Gajda, CTO of The Software House, shares his insights on building high-quality software. Show Less

Martin Malych, co-founder of CloudTalk says, “At CloudTalk, we started out as a few people obsessed with new cloud technology. Today, we are a team of 57 people, servicing thousands of customers from over 80 countries. Our plans are to triple our headcount, develop multiple new integrations and set up an AI-focused Innovations Lab that will help us bring innovations to the long-outdated business telephony market.”

henQ is an Amsterdam-based VC firm investing from pre-seed to Series A in B2B software startups from Europe. In December 2020, the VC firm raised €100M to invest in European B2B software companies. According to the firm, 80 per cent of the money was meant for SaaS companies while the remaining 20 per cent was to be invested in its portfolio companies including Zivver, Order Champ, and Cloud. The VC announced its fourth fund in May 2020, henQ 4, with the first close of €70M.

What does CloudTalk offer?

Founded in 2018 by Martin Malych and Viktor Vanek, the company started as an embeddable click-to-call widget but then realised it has the potential to build something that has a greater impact. That’s how CloudTalk was born. The company now provides remote-ready call centre software for sales and customer service teams.

CloudTalk’s mission is to build a product that focuses on call quality, workflow automation, and configurability. The company claims its USP is the ability to easily integrate with CRMs and helpdesks, giving customer service agents and sales teams better visibility of their customer or prospect base. This saves them 2-3 minutes per call because the need to look up information or to update systems post-conversation is significantly reduced.

“On our mission to provide services with top-of-the-class call quality, we had to tackle multiple technical obstacles. Instead of going the traditional route and being dependent on 3rd-party vendors like Twilio, we decided to build our own infrastructure, giving us better control over voice quality and enabling us to deliver this promise to our customers,” says Martin Malych.

CloudTalk has increased its valuation 8-fold since its Seed round and has set goals for 2021 with confidence. “At this stage, planning for the next year was surprisingly easy. We’ve already identified the key growth initiatives and are simply scaling up on what has been working for us,” says Viktor Vanek.

CloudTalk is attracting from small to medium-sized companies, with an average of 10 to 3,000 users, and provides services to customers from over 80 countries.

Since 2019, CloudTalk’s customer base has grown over 25 times and spans a wide range of industries including e-commerce, tech, and finance field. Its customers include Glovo, OYO, Fujitsu, and Tech Mahindra, among others.

Cloud spend management 😱

Tracking cloud spend can be tricky. Learn from Nebula’s CTO Andre Witte how to keep the…Show More
Tracking cloud spend can be tricky. Learn from Nebula’s CTO Andre Witte how to keep the costs at bay in 2021. Show Less



Source link

Leave a Reply