There are two things that are imperative for your data as a business: protecting it and securing it so that others cannot access it without your permission. While you may have the very best security measures in place for your cybersecurity, have you considered your paper and filing?
Most people forget that part of the puzzle and it does make sense. We’re living in an increasingly digital world and paper is becoming somewhat obsolete for some companies.
However, it’s still got a place for others and when it comes to paper, you need to ensure that it’s securely used, stored and disposed of without any data being compromised. For this to work, you need a professional shredding company working alongside you. Here’s why:
- Secure data destruction is a must when it comes to your paperwork in your business. The strip shredding isn’t as secure as you think, as it can be reconstructed over again. You need a professional shredding company to work with you, as these are going to shred them with cross cutting technology. This keeps your information completely secure and secures your clients, too. This is a professional service that can be done on site and it ensures that you are able to guarantee safety for your data.
- Good organizational practices come with the expertise of a business who is able to shred your information as you need it shredded. Allocating a schedule for your shredding and having a company do it for you saves your employees time and allows you space to get your data shredded properly without the added costs.
- High risk information is protected. Your business is going to thrive if you can guarantee that information from your clients is going to be looked after properly. Shredding all information properly will give peace of mind to clients and encourage them to continue to sign up with you!
- You will be compliant in your data protection promises. If there is ever a data breach or someone tries to steal confidential information, they’re going to get a shock when there’s nothing to put back together! You can remain compliant with ever-increasing legislation surrounding data and know that you are confidently offering the right kind of confidentiality to your clients.
- You reduce your risk of theft. If you are running a business that collects the information of clients and others that are sensitive, you’re going to reduce the risk of theft by calling in the professionals to do it for you. The only way to truly guarantee privacy is calling in the best to come and shred all of that paper for you. They will also dispose of it for you, which will make a big difference and save you some time.
Your business needs to offer a service that protects the client, and the best way to do that is to make it so that your information is protected. In the pursuit of being more of a digital business, you mustn’t forget the fact that people rely on you for their information to stay safe in all forms.